How to check Volume Level Settings in Windows 10
Description: This article will show you what settings to check if your sound is not working or the volume is too low in Windows 10.
- Right click on the sound icon found at the bottom right corner of the screen, then Open Sound settings.
- In Sound Settings, open the Sound Control Panel.
- The Sound control panel will appear, with four tabs at the top. Make sure Playback is selected.
- Right click on the default sound device, the one marked with a green check mark, and select Test.
- If the sound is working, you will hear chimes play and the sound equalizer green bars on the right will move up and down.
- If the sound is still not working or seems too quiet, Right click again on the default speakers and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, select the Levels tab at the top. There will be a slider to check the level of your speakers on the left. There is also an option to check if the speakers are muted. If you see a speaker icon with a crossed red circle beside it, then the speakers are muted. Click the icon to unmute.