How to configure DNS Servers on the ASUS RT-AC68U Wireless Router
Description: This article will show how to change the DNS settings on an ASUS RT-AC68U Wireless Router. Changing DNS Servers can sometimes improve the performance of accessing certain websites.
- Open a web browser, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar, and then press Enter.
- Enter the administrator username and password and then click OK. (The default username and password are both admin).
- From the advanced menu on the left side, click WAN.
- Next to Connect to DNS Server automatically, click No.
- Additional fields will appear, prompting for the addresses of the DNS Servers you wish to use. A common alternative DNS server is the Google DNS, which uses 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Once the addresses are entered, click the Apply button at the bottom of the page to save the changes.