How to permanently disable Sleep Mode in Windows 8
Description: This is an overview showing you how to permanently disable sleep mode in Windows 8.
- Open the advanced options in Windows 8 by holding the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter X. Select the RUN option.
- In RUN type GPEDIT.MSC and click OK.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System >
Power Management > Sleep settings.
- Now in sleep settings find the Allow applications to prevent automatic sleep (plugged in) if you have a desktop computer. Then go to Edit policy setting. If you have a laptop you will repeat the below steps for the plugged in and battery settings.
- Now click the Enabled button, then click Apply and OK.
- Now find the Turn on the ability for applications to prevent sleep transition field, go to Edit policy setting, then select Enabled and then
Apply and OK.
- Next we need to close the group policy editor, hold down the Windows key and the letter X as we did in the beginning and open Run. Then type REGEDIT into the run field and click OK.
- Once in the registry editor we need to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power.
- Inside the power folder click on HibernatedEnabled to edit the field. Change the value from 1 to 0 and click OK. Do the same for the HiberfileSizePercent field as well.
Congratulations, you have successfully configured your Windows 8 computer to never go to sleep.