How to change the Main Display in Windows 7
Description: This Guide will show how to change the main display monitor in Windows 7.
- Click on the Start Button.
- Type in the words Screen Resolution in the Search Programs and Files Box.
- Click on Adjust Screen Resolution towards the top of the search results.
- Towards the top of the new Window that opened will be a list of monitors that are currently connected and recognized by the computer.
- Select the monitor to be dedicated as the main display by left clicking on the icon for the monitor and checking the box next to Make this my main display.
- Click Apply.
- This will set the selected monitor as the main display. This can be checked by looking to see which monitor has the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
- The Monitor on the Right has the taskbar. Before, the Monitor on the left has the taskbar. The monitor on the right is the main display now.