How to factory reset an ASUS RT-AC68U Wireless Router
Description: This article will show two different ways to reset an ASUS RT-AC68U wireless router. The first method will be within the administration settings of the router and the second with the physical reset button on the router.
- Open a web browser, type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar, and then press Enter.
- Enter the administrator username and password and then click OK. (The default username and password are both admin)
- In the Advanced Settings menu on the left side, click Administration.
- At the top of the page, click the Restore/Save/Upload Setting tab.
- Click the Restore button.
- A confirmation box will appear, click OK to begin the reset.
- The router can also be reset by locating the reset button located on the router. This is generally located on the back or the bottom of the router.
- Press and hold the reset button on the router until the power light on the router begins to flash, and then release the button.
- The router will reset the settings and restart. The next time the router is accessed, the initial setup screen will appear.