HOW TO: Create a Restore Point in Windows 7
Description: How to create a system restore point outside of the Windows automatic update system. This is for a user with a medium level of knowledge about Windows 7. Before making changes to a computer or installing new hardware, making a new restore point will help to return the computer to its former working state if there are problems later. Follow the steps below.
- Click on Start.
- In the search programs and files field, type restore point.
- Choose create a restore point from the top of the list.
- You will see the following pop up window. Click on the Create button.
- Enter a name for the restore point and click on the Create button.
- You will see a progress bar.
- When this is finished you will see a finish box showing the restore point was created. Click the close button to close this.