How to change the Workgroup in Windows 7
This how-to article details the process to change the Workgroup in Windows 7 which allows for sharing of files and system resources over the network.
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left, then right-click on Computer » Properties.
- On the new window, look for the section labeled Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings and click on the Change Settings button to the right.
- Allow or grant permission if prompted, then on the new window click Change.
- In the Workgroup box, erase the name of the Workgroup (Shown below as WORKGROUP) and enter the workgroup name to join.
- Click OK and if prompted, restart the computer to complete the change.
Technical Support Community
Free technical support is available for your desktops, laptops, printers, software usage and more, via our new community forum, where our tech support staff, or the Micro Center Community will be happy to answer your questions online.
Ask questions and get answers from our technical support team or our community.
Help in Choosing Parts