How to sign in to Microsoft Office with a Microsoft Account
Description: This article explains how to log in to an Office 365 application. Sometimes new computers come with a free trial of Office 365, which is not activated. If you have a Microsoft account with an Office 365 subscription, use these instructions to sign in using a Microsoft account and activate Office.
- Open an Office application like Word or Excel. In this example we are using Microsoft Word.
- Choose File from the menu bar.
- Choose Account from the menu bar.
- Under User Information select Sign in.
- Enter the Microsoft Account email address that you want to sign in with then click Next. Enter in the password, then choose Sign in.