California's Electronic Waste Recycling Act of 2003
On September 24, 2003, legislation in the State of California established a funding system for the collection and recycling of certain electronic wastes. One of the key elements of this legislation is the collection of an electronic waste recycling fee at the retail point of sale including Internet sales to California consumers. Collected fees are deposited in an Electric Waste Recovery and Recycling Account managed by the State of California and are used to provide payments to authorized collectors and recyclers. More information is available on the State of California's website.
To comply, Micro Center Online collects the required modest recycling fee for specified electronic devices if that device is:
- Purchased in California using in-store pickup
- Shipped to California address
Micro Center Online will assess the appropriate charge(s) on your bill at checkout, and will display your fee(s) on your online order confirmation and order summary. This fee is not taxed, and will be reimbursed in full should you return your product(s).PLEASE NOTE: This fee is not a deposit, and the fee-eligible products do not contain "redemption value." Consumers are not entitled to reimbursement of the fee when fee-eligible products are recycled.
Electronic Device Description
- Viewable screen size equal to or greater than 4 inches but less than 15 inches measured diagonally - Recycling fee: $3.00 per product
- Viewable screen size equal to or greater than 15 inches but less than 35 inches measured diagonally - Recycling fee: $4.00 per product
- Viewable screen size equal to or
greater than 35 inches measured diagonally - Recycling fee: $5.00 per product