BreadcrumbsHome | Build, Install, & Repair Services
Power Supply Installation Service Does your machine need more power? A new power supply is what the doctor ordered.
Power Supply Upgrade Installation Details
- First the system is opened and grounded - if a power supply is already installed, the 24-pin ATX, 4-8 pin CPU, and 6-8 pin PCIe cables are disconnected and removed as are SATA power and Molex power - the power supply is then removed and set aside
- The system is evaluated to determine how many modular cables are required to complete the installation, if applicable
- The new power supply is unboxed, and the predetermined number of modular cables are attached - the power supply is then installed in the case, and the modular cables are routed to their destinations
- Once the power supply is secured, the 24-pin, 8-pin, and PCIe power cables are connected, and the system is then powered on for a Power On Self Test (POST) - If the system fails to POST, connecters are reseated and verified
- When the system passes POST, the system is turned back off, and the rest of the modular cables are connected to their destinations. This may include storage media, disk drives, fan hubs, etc.
Micro Center “comprehensive” diagnostic
Industry Leading 400 Point Software & Hardware Inspection
Every repair is accompanied by an in-depth and comprehensive diagnostic process. If there is a problem with your computer, we will find it and provide a repair strategy that meets your needs.Learn More
Proven Expertise, In Store, Right When You Need It
Since 1979 we’ve been selling, repairing, upgrading, and building computers. Our COMPTIA A+ and OEM certified technicians have repaired and upgraded thousands of PCs for personal and business use.
All Technicians are Comp TIA A+ and OEM CertifiedAll Services