How to disable Protocol Filtering in ESET Version 9
Description: This article will show how to disable protocol filtering in ESET Version 9. There may be a question as to whether ESET is blocking internet connectivity - disabling protocol filtering can help to rule out or confirm if this is the case.
- Click on Show hidden icons in the system tray.
- Open ESET by double clicking on the ESET icon in the system tray.
- Click Setup on the left panel.
- Click Advanced Setup in the bottom right corner.
- Click Web and Email on the left.
- Click the white portion to the right of the blue check mark to disable protocol content filtering.
- Click the OK button on the bottom.
- Click Yes in the user access control prompt to allow ESET to make these changes.