How to resolve a Conflict between ESET and McAfee
Description: Installing more than one antivirus program on a computer at the same time can cause problems. For example, if ESET software is installed on a computer without first removing a pre-installed trial version such as McAfee, a conflict will result that may seriously impact the computer's performance. This document will show you the steps to uninstall McAfee or a McAfee trial to remove a conflict that would exist with McAfee and ESET being installed on the same computer.
- Restart your computer so that you are on the Log On Screen.
- Click on the power icon on the login screen in the lower right hand corner.
- Press the shift key on your keyboard and then click Restart while holding down the Shift Key.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Click on Startup settings, and then click restart.
- Press <F5> function key on your keyboard and the computer will boot into Safe mode with networking.
- Press the Windows key and X at the same time then click on programs and features.
- Right click on McAfee and then click on Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts on your screen. It will take a minute or two for McAfee to uninstall.
- Once the McAfee removal has completed, restart the computer. After rebooting there will no longer be a conflict between the McAfee an ESET programs.