How to run a Removable Media Scan in ESET Version 8
Description: This guide will show you how to run a Removable Media Scan in ESET Version 8. This guide applies to both ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 8 and ESET Smart Security Version 8.
- Locate the ESET icon in your system tray.
- Right click on the ESET icon and select Open ESET.
- This will bring you to the ESET home screen.
- Choose the Computer Scan option on the left side.
- Next choose the Removable media scan from the right side.
- Once you have chosen the Removable Media Scan it will automatically start running a virus scan on any removable media in the computer. When it is done, you will see a log screen that will identify if any problems were found or any actions are necessary. Be sure to follow up on any prompts on that screen.