HOW TO: Set up ESET Smart Security 6 to protect your Facebook account
Description: This is a how-to article for setting up protection for a Facebook account through ESET Smart Security 6.
- Locate the ESET Smart Security icon near the time of your computer on the task bar. Double click on the icon to open the ESET Smart Security.
- In the menu, click on the selection for Tools and then click on the
ESET Social Media Scanner.
- The default browser will open going to your Facebook page. There will be a popup to access your account. Click on
- A window will appear to post that you are using ESET to protect your account. Select
- The Initialization window will appear.
- The option to share this feature with your friends will appear. Select the option that is best for you.
- ESET Social Media Scanner is now installed, click the Run Profile Scan button.
- The scan process will begin, this may take a few minutes to complete.
- There is a list of when your profile was scanned. Under Scan Type,
My Profile Scan shows when a scan was done manually.
- Once the scan is complete you will receive an email from ESET about the scan of your profile. The email will be sent to the default email account in your Facebook settings.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.