HOW TO: Make a simple pie chart in Excel 2013
Description: This article describes how to create a simple pie chart in Excel 2013.
- To create a simple pie chart in Excel 2013, there first must be some data available to chart. In the example below, there is weekly data for sales.
- Highlight the data that you want in the chart. Then select Insert from the Ribbon and select the Recommended Charts button. This will bring up the recommended charts for your data. In this case we are selecting the third icon for Pie Charts and select OK.
- The Design tab will now be listed above. You can use these tools to change the look and feel of your Chart.
- Add Chart Element allows you to change the chart title, legend or data labels.
- Quick Layouts are different preset charts.
- Change Colors allows you to change the colors in your chart.