How to change lock screen, start screen or account pictures in Windows 8
Description: In the new Windows 8 user interface, users are given the ability to change the lock screen picture, as well as the Start Menu background and account picture. These steps will describe this process.
- Move the mouse to the bottom right corner of the screen, then up along the right side. This will prompt a sidebar to appear. In this sidebar, click or touch
- In the extended sidebar that appears, click or touch Change PC Settings.
- This will bring up the PC Settings window. The first option,
Personalize, appears. This will display the current lock screen photos.
- To change the Lock Screen photo, select one of the pre-installed backgrounds, or click
Browse to locate a file on the machine to use.
- To change the color and design of the new Start Screen, select the
Start Screen option along the top. Then, select the desired color scheme and design.
- To change the account picture for the current account, select
Account Picture along the top, then click Browse to locate the desired file on the machine. To take a picture with a built in webcam (if applicable), select