How to require a Password on resuming from Screen Saver in Windows 7
Description: This is a how-to article on the topic of setting a Windows 7 machine to require a password upon resuming from screen saver mode. Note that a password must already be in place in order to require a password. If you need help creating a password, see our how-to article on that topic.
- Right-click on an open area of the desktop and choose Personalize
- Select Screen Saver in the bottom right.
- Ensure a screen saver is turned on by selecting one from the Screen Saver drop-down menu.
- Check the On Resume, Display Logon Screen.
- Click Apply to make the changes and then test it out by leaving the computer alone for the allotted period of time.