How to enable or disable Wireless on a Tenda Router
Description: Follow these steps to enable or disable wireless on a Tenda router.
- Connect to the web-based router utility. To do this, open your web browser and type in the address bar 192.168.0.1. Press Enter.
- A prompt will appear to enter credentials. The default login information is as follows: Username: admin. Password: admin. (If these have been changed, enter the correct information here).
- Once connected, click WLAN Settings in the left column. Then, underneath WLAN settings, click Basic Settings.
- Look for the Enable Wireless checkbox in this window. If this box is checked, uncheck it to disable wireless, and vice versa.
- To re-enable or disable, follow these steps again. (Note: if the wireless is disabled, a direct connection to the router is required to connect to it).