How to enable or disable wireless on a Tenda router
Description: Follow these steps to enable or disable wireless on a Tenda router.
- Connect to the web-based router utility. To do this, open your web browser and type in the address bar
"192.168.0.1" (without the quotes). Press
- A prompt will appear to enter credentials. The default login information is as follows: Username:
admin. Password: admin. (If these have been changed, enter the correct information here)
- Once connected, click WLAN Settings in the left column. Then, underneath WLAN settings, click
- Look for the Enable Wireless checkbox in this window. If this box is checked, uncheck it to
disable wireless, and vice versa.
- To re-enable or disable, follow these steps again. (Note: if the wireless is disabled, a direct connection to the router is required to connect to it).