HOW TO: Add a User Account in Windows 7
This article details how to add a limited user or administrator account to a Windows 7 system. This can be useful when adding users to the system and will allow each of them to have their own customizable interface.
- Log on to an administrator account.
If unsure which is an administrator account, follow the next two steps
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the Search Programs and Files box, type "add user".
- Click on the Add or remove user accounts option at the top.
- Click on Create User Account in the middle of the newly opened screen.
If this option is not available, that means the account that is in use is a limited user account.
- Enter the name for the account (usually the name of the user, but it can be whatever is preferred.)
- Select Standard User or Administrator. Read the criteria on the page to determine which should be used.
- Click on Create Account in the bottom right.
- The Account is now created. If a password is desired, click on the newly created account.
- Click on Create a Password and fill in the information.