IMPORTANT: Tenda W268R Basic Setup and Configuration
Tenda W268R Basic Setup and Configuration
This How-To Guide will walk you through installing your Tenda W268R router for basic internet access.
- Unplug all network cables from the modem, computer and router (if applicable).
- Unplug the power from the modem and the power from the router, and shut down the computer.
- Take one end of the existing Ethernet cable and plug it into the modem in the Internet port, then plug the other end of the same cable into the blue WAN port on the router.
- Take the Ethernet cable that came with the router and plug one end into one of the four yellow numbered ports on the router and plug the other end of the same cable into the computer.
Though the intent may be to use the router wirelessly a hard wired connection is required for setup.
- Plug the power back into the modem and wait one full minute, then plug the power into the router. Wait one full minute, and then turn the computer back on.
- Click on the Start button, choose All Programs and click on Internet Explorer.
- In the address bar at the top of the Internet Explorer window, type “192.168.0.1” (without the quotes) and press the Enter key.
- In the window that appears requesting a username and password enter the username “admin” (without the quotes) and the password “admin” (without the quotes) and click OK.
- Once the setup wizard is displayed click Next to proceed with setup.
If the type of internet connection is unknown it can be determined by contacting the internet service provider.
- Once setup is complete, click on System Tools on the left, choose Reboot, and then click the Reboot The Router button.
- Once the router has been rebooted on the left side of the screen click on WLAN Settings.
- On the right there will be an option for SSID which will by default be either “Tenda” or “WIRELESS_N.” Clear that text and change the SSID to whatever the desired network name is and click Save Settings.
The SSID is the name of the wireless network that will be broadcast wirelessly.
- Click on WLAN Settings on the left, then beneath WLAN Settings click on Security Settings.
- Under Security Mode select WPA2 Personal.
- In the Pass Phrase field enter a password of at least 8 characters that includes at least one letter and one number. Write down this password as it is required to connect to the wireless network.
- Click Save Settings.
- In the address bar at the top of the Internet Explorer window type “www.microcenter.com” (without the quotes) to verify internet connectivity.