How to change Removable Media Detection Settings in ESET Version 9
Description: This article will show how to change scan settings in ESET Version 9 after removable media, such as a flash drive or external hard drive, is detected.
- Open ESET by selecting the ESET icon from the Windows system tray. You may need to expand the arrow to show hidden icons first.
- Choose Setup from the menu, and then choose Advanced setup.
- Select Removable Media from the Advanced Setup menu.
- Toggle the box next to Action to take after inserting removable media to disable or enable the action to take once removable media is inserted.
- The action can be changed to 1 of 3 options.
- Do not scan – ESET doesn’t scan.
- Automatic device scan – ESET will start a scan with no user intervention.
- Show scan options – ESET will prompt the user with different scan options.
- Select OK to save changes.