How to change Alert and Notification Settings in ESET Version 9
Description: This article will show how to change the alerts and notifications settings in ESET Version 9 and a brief explanation of what the settings are.
- Open ESET by selecting the ESET icon from the Windows system tray. You may need to expand the arrow to show hidden icons first.
- Choose Setup from the menu, and then choose Advanced setup.
- Select User Interface from the menu.
- Toggle the box next to Display alerts to enable or disable alerts for when a threat is detected or if user intervention is required.
- Toggle the box next to Display marketing messages to enable or disable promotional offers and other marketing messages from ESET.
- There are several items in the Desktop Notifications section that can be changed.
- Display notifications on desktop – Controls if any notifications appear on the desktop.
- Do not display notification when running applications in full screen mode – Controls whether notifications appear while running a program in full screen mode, such as a video game.
- Duration - Controls how long the alert will stay on the screen.
- Transparency - Controls how transparent the notification window is, between a value of 0 and 80.
- Minimum verbosity of events to display – Controls the level of detail or words in the alerts.
- On multiuser systems, display notifications on the screen of this user – Controls what user profile on the PC gets the alerts.
- There are also items in the Message Box section that can be changed.
- Close message boxes automatically – If the alert is left idle it will automatically close.
- Timeout in seconds – Controls how much time, in seconds, until the alert closes.
- Confirmation messages – Select the Edit button to choose what confirmation popups will appear.
- Select OK to save changes.