How to change Parental Controls in ESET Smart Security Version 9
Description: This article will show how to change parental controls in ESET Smart Security Version 9.
- Look for the ESET software icon typically found in the lower right corner of the desktop screen - it may be found in the hidden icons.
- Choose the ESET icon to open the program.
- The ESET home screen will open. Choose Setup.
- Choose Parental Control to enable it.
- Once enabled, select the arrow to view more settings.
- The parental control screen will show a list of accounts which will be considered either parent or child accounts.
- To protect settings with a password, choose where it says Protect all settings with a password.
- A setup password box will appear. Enter a password and confirm it. Then select OK.
- On the main screen, choose Allowed and prohibited content to adjust settings.
- The setup account screen will allow for a username to be assigned, whether or not this specified account is a parent account or child account.
- The exceptions tab will allow for sites to be added or removed as allowed or blocked for the specific user.
- Choosing Add exception will prompt for an action to take for the specific website.
- The categories tab on setup account will allow for age ranges to be assigned to each child and parameters can be setup for each age range here.