How to clear the Update Cache in ESET Version 9
Description: This article will show how to clear ESET’s update cache, which may resolve an issue where ESET is not updating correctly.
- The option to clear the update cache for ESET Version 9 is found in the program directly. To open ESET, it is typically found on the taskbar in hidden icons. To show these icons, click on the arrow / triangle at the bottom right of the screen.
- Once the window expands, choose the ESET icon to open the program.
- Once the program is open, it will load to the home screen. Press F5 (function key) to open up the Advanced Setup.
- Once Advanced Setup is open, choose Update from the list on the left.
- Here there will be an option to Clear update cache - Choose this option by selecting the Clear button.
- Once finished, this option will become grayed out. Choose OK at the bottom to complete the process.