How to check for Virus Signature Updates in ESET Version 9
Description: This article will show how to check for virus signature updates for the ESET Version 9 software.
- The option to check for virus signature updates for ESET Version 9 is found in the program directly. To open ESET, it is typically found on the taskbar in hidden icons. To show these icons, click on the arrow / triangle at the bottom right of the screen.
- Once the window expands, choose the ESET icon to open the program.
- Once the program is open, it will load to the home screen. Choose Update on the left side.
- At the top, choose where it says Update now under where it shows Last successful update and Virus signature database version.
- If a newer database version is found, it will automatically begin to download and install. It will show a progress of the update as it goes through.
- Once completed, it will show The virus signature database is up to date.