How to submit a Sample File for Analysis in ESET Version 8
Description: Have you identified a suspicious file on your computer that you just are not sure about? Or maybe ESET has identified a particular file as suspicious but not specifically what the threat is. By following the steps outlined below in this article you can submit a suspicious file to ESET for evaluation to determine whether or not it is a threat to your computer.
- Open the ESET software by clicking the ESET icon in the lower right corner of your desktop screen (this may include checking in your hidden icons here).
- Click on Open ESET.
- This brings you to the ESET Version 8 Homepage.
- On the left side, click on Tools.
- In the Tools section click on Submit sample for analysis.
- This will open up the ESET Live Grid Submit sample for analysis form. Using this form, select Suspicious file and then browse by clicking on the box with three dots to find the file that you want to submit. Enter your contact email into the form.
- This is what the browse window will look like - browse to the suspicious file and select it then choose Open. This will take you back to the form (pictured above) where you can then click Next to complete your submission.