How to check the Threat Encyclopedia in ESET Version 8
Description: Have you ever wondered about a particular threat that ESET is blocking or has cleaned from your computer? ESET has a handy tool called the Threat Encyclopedia which gives a more detailed description about threats and what they are. To view the Threat Encyclopedia just follow the steps in this article.
- Open the ESET software by clicking the ESET icon in the lower right corner of your desktop screen (this may include checking in your hidden icons here).
- Click on Open ESET.
- This brings you to the ESET Version 8 Homepage.
- On the left side, click on Help and support.
- In the Help and support section click on Threat encyclopedia.
- This will open up the ESET Threat Encyclopedia on the ESET website, giving you a more detailed explanation of current threats. Any of the threats that are showing in blue are hyper-linked and can be clicked on to give a much more detailed explanation as to what is known about that particular threat.