How to import Settings for ESET Version 8
Description: This article will show you the procedure for importing settings for your ESET Version 8 program. Note that while ESET Smart Security is referenced in this article that the same process will apply in ESET NOD32 as well.
- Open the ESET software by clicking the ESET icon in the lower right corner of your desktop screen (this may include checking in your hidden icons here).
- Click on Open ESET.
- On the left side choose the Setup tab, and then on the right side choose Import and export settings.
- Click on the dot for Import settings. Click on the browse button (box with three dots) to select the location of the saved file.
- Select the folder that the ESET Version 8 file was saved in and click on that file to select it. Once selected, click on Open.
- This will load all of the settings for ESET Version 8 from an XML file that you previously exported.
- You can reference this article for information on how to EXPORT these settings to save for future use when needed.