How to password protect ESET Version 8
Description: This guide will show you how to password protect the settings of ESET Version 8. This guide applies to both ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 8 and ESET Smart Security Version 8. ESET Version 8 has many options that can be password protected to only allow changes with administrative privileges. This guide will show you how to manage those settings.
- Locate the ESET icon in your system tray.
- Right click on the ESET icon and select Open ESET.
- Press the F5 function key to open the Advanced setup window. Select Access setup under the User interface branch.
- Put a check in the Password protect settings box and then click the Set password button.
- Enter the New password that you want to use, and then enter it again in the Confirm new password box.
- A message will appear confirming that your Settings are password protected.
- Your settings are now password protected and you can exit the ESET program.