How to manually update Virus Definitions in ESET Version 8
Description: This guide will show you how to manually update your Virus Definitions in ESET Version 8. This guide applies to both ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 8 and ESET Smart Security Version 8. Although ESET Version 8 can update regularly and automatically, there may be a time when you want to manually update your virus definitions. This guide will show you how to do that.
- Locate the ESET icon in your system tray.
- Right click on the ESET icon and select Open ESET.
- This will bring you to the home page.
- Click on the Update tab on the left side.
- In the Update section on the right side choose the Update now button.
- This will start the process of updating the virus definitions.
- There is a separate button to check for product updates if you choose to.
- Virus definition updates are typically available daily or even more than once daily.
- Program engine updates happen periodically, from time to time throughout the year.