How to temporarily disable Protection in ESET Version 8
This guide will show you how to temporarily disable ESET Protection.
Description: This guide applies to both ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 8 and ESET Smart Security Version 8. ESET can on occasion interfere with certain activities on your computer. This guide will show you how to temporarily disable ESET for these occasions.
- Locate the ESET icon in your system tray.
- Right click on the ESET icon and select Open ESET.
- Click Setup on the left.
- Click on the Enabled link for Real-time file system protection.
- Click on the drop down arrow for Time Interval and select a time period such as Until next restart.
- Click on OK, then close the ESET window.
- ESET is now disabled for the selected time period, allowing you to continue with your desired activity.