How to protect against Unauthorized Changes in ESET Version 7
The information in this article refers to a previous version of ESET. It is recommended that you run the most current version of ESET. Please see our tech article How to update your ESET Program to the Latest Version for assistance with updating your program. The information in the article below is provided as a convenience to those who may still have questions about the older version of the program.
Description: This guide applies to both ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 7 and ESET Smart Security Version 7. This article will show you how to password protect ESET Version 7 to prevent unauthorized changes to software settings.
- Open the ESET software by double clicking the ESET icon in the system tray (near the clock). You may need to click on the triangle to show more icons.
- Click Setup.
- Click Enter advanced setup...
- Click the + next to User interface, and then click Access setup.
- Click Set password...
- Enter the desired password in both the New password and Confirm new password boxes, then click OK.
- You will receive confirmation that the settings are password protected. Click OK and close the program.