How to enable or disable Email Protection for ESET Version 7
The information in this article refers to a previous version of ESET. It is recommended that you run the most current version of ESET. Please see our tech article How to update your ESET Program to the Latest Version for assistance with updating your program. The information in the article below is provided as a convenience to those who may still have questions about the older version of the program.
Description: This guide applies to both ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 7 and ESET Smart Security Version 7. In case you need to temporarily disable or re-enable web access protection, this article will show you do so in ESET Version 7.
- Open the ESET software by double clicking the ESET icon in the system tray (near the clock). You may need to click on the triangle to show more icons.
- Click Setup.
- Click Enter advanced setup...
- Click the + next to Web and email, click the + next to Email client protection, and then click Email clients.
- Check or uncheck the boxes next to Received Mail, Sent Mail and Read Mail.
- Click OK and close the ESET window.