How to configure Automatic Program Updates in ESET Version 7
The information in this article refers to a previous version of ESET. It is recommended that you run the most current version of ESET. Please see our tech article How to update your ESET Program to the Latest Version for assistance with updating your program. The information in the article below is provided as a convenience to those who may still have questions about the older version of the program.
Description: This guide applies to both ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 7 and ESET Smart Security Version 7. This article shows how to configure ESET to automatically update any program component updates that are pushed to it so that the ESET program version will always stay up to date.
- Open ESET by clicking on the ESET icon in the taskbar next to the time and then click Open ESET.
- Press the F5 key on the keyboard to open the Advanced options window.
- Expand the section labeled Update by clicking on the plus sign to the left and then click on Settings.
- Click on the Setup button next to Advanced update setup.
- Under the Update mode tab, click the bubble next to Always update program components and then click OK.
- Now when a new program component update is available it will automatically be applied and ESET will remain updated with the latest available version of the software.