How to open Apps from the Desktop in Windows 8
Description: This article shows how to create a desktop shortcut for opening apps and other programs in Windows 8.
- Press the Windows key and the letter D on the keyboard to go to the desktop.
- Right-click on a blank space on the desktop and select New and then Shortcut.
- Type Explorer Shell:AppsFolder in the location box and click Next to continue.
- Give the shortcut a name such as All Programs and then click Finish.
- The desktop will now have a shortcut called All Programs that can be used for opening apps and other programs installed in Windows 8.