How to enable or disable the Administrator Account in Windows 7 or Windows 8
Description: This article will show you how to enable or disable the hidden administrator account in Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Open an elevated Command Prompt.
- In Windows 7, click Start, type cmd in the search box. Right-click on cmd from the results and select Run as administrator.
- In Windows 8, hold down the Windows Key and press the X key to open the Power User Menu, and then click Command Prompt (Admin).
- From the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter
- The Administrator account has now been enabled. Restart the computer and you will see the available account.
- If you wish to disable the Administrator account, repeat steps 1 and 2, but instead of active:yes, you will want to type active:no.