How to check for a Recovery Partition on your Hard Drive in Windows 8
Description: This article will show you how to check for a recovery partition on your hard drive using the command line in Windows 8.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to bring up the Start menu.
- Type Command on your keyboard. This will bring up a search for the word Command.
- Right click on Command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type recimg /showcurrent on the command prompt window.
- The system will let you know if there's a recovery image. If not, it will display something like this: