How to add a USB printer to a Tenda n600 router in Windows 8
Description: This article will show you how to add a usb printer to the Tenda n600 router on your network using Windows 8.
- Plug your printer's USB connection into the USB port on the back of the router - make sure your printer is turned on.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the address bar in the upper left hand corner. Type
192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
- Sign into the Tenda N600 router. The default username is
admin and the default password is admin - if you have customized these, use your username and / or password.
- Go to USB and then choose printer underneath, then on the right hand side check the box to
enable the printer.
- Now save the settings and close Internet Explorer.
- Next hold down the Windows key on your keyboard, and tap the letter
x then open control panel.
- Go to hardware and sound, then to devices and printers.
- Choose to add a printer at the top.
- Windows will start looking for a printer connected to the computer, choose the option below that says "The printer I want is not listed."
- Next choose to add a printer using tcp/ip address or host name.
- Put in the ip address of the Tenda N600 router from before:
- Finally, find the driver for your printer using Windows Update, or choose the
Have Disk option and put the disk for your printer into the computer to continue.
Congratulations, you have successfully configured your new Tenda N600 router to share a printer over your network.