How to enable the Anti-Theft Feature in ESET Smart Security Version 6
The information in this article refers to a previous version of ESET. It is recommended that you run the most current version of ESET. Please see our tech article How to update your ESET Program to the Latest Version for assistance with updating your program. The information in the article below is provided as a convenience to those who may still have questions about the older version of the program.
Description: This is a step by step guide on how to enable ESET Smart Security's newest Anti-Theft feature.
- When you are installing ESET Smart Security in your computer, you are presented with the option to enable ESET's Anti-Theft feature, the first screen once you want to enable it, is to either sign in or create an ESET account.
- When you create a new account, you are asked to pick a name for the computer you are adding.
- Once you give a name to your computer, you will be asked to create an account with ESET, click the blue button and that will open a new browser window where you start the process.
- Enter all the information required to create your account.
- After you click submit, you will then be taken to your account profile where you can see the activity, diagnostics, messages, etc.
- In the Activity tab you can see the last place your computer was and also test how the system works.
- To return to your profile with ESET, please go to my.eset.com.