How to change the Screen Resolution in Windows 8
Description: This article will show you how to change the screen resolution in Windows 8. This can be useful when setting up a new monitor, or if text and pictures appear distorted or blurry on the screen.
- From the Desktop, right-click an open area and select Screen resolution.
- If there are multiple monitors in use, click the monitor you wish to change.
- Click the box next to Resolution and move the slider to select the appropriate resolution, and then click Apply. The screen may go blank for a few seconds as the resolution is being adjusted.
- After the resolution changes, you will be asked to either click Keep changes or Revert.
- If the screen stays black, do not press any keys. Windows will automatically revert to the previous settings after 30 seconds.