How to change the Security Key on the Tenda N60 Router
Description: This technical article will show how to configure the N60 router to use a different security key than the default for logging into the network.
- First, we need to access the router's configuration page. This can be done by opening an internet browser. Next, enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar at the top.
- Log in to the router. The default login is admin for both the username and the password.
- Once logged in, the main screen shown below will appear. Click on Advanced in the upper-right. It is not recommended to change the key on this main screen.
- Next, click on Wireless in the menu, and then click on Security.
- With the security page open, locate the Security Key field. By default, it contains the key 12345678. This key is the one used to login to the network with a device. Set this key to whatever is desired. It is recommended to use at least eight characters, and there is a maximum of 64.
- Click on the Save button in the upper-right. This will change the key used for logging in to the network, so any connected devices will disconnect and require the new information.