How to set up a Hotspot on an Android Jelly Bean 4.2 Tablet
Description: This tutorial will walk you through the process of How to turn on a hotspot and how to change/find the hotspot name and password.
- From the home screen touch the All Apps key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch More… on the left pane.
- Touch Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Touch Portable Wi-Fi hotspot to turn on the hotspot.
- Touch Set up Wi-Fi hotspot to see/change the network name and password.
- A hotspot set up window will appear.
- The network SSID is the network name of the hotspot. Touch the name, AndroidAP in the example picture below, under Network SSID to change the name.
- The Security is what type of security the network has and change it by touching the type of security, WPA2 PSK in the example picture below. Open means there will be no password on the hotspot.
- Change the password by touching the characters highlighted in the picture below. Delete the characters present, then type the preferred password.
- To see what the password is touch the Show Password checkbox at the bottom.
- When the preferred settings have been chosen, touch Save.
- Now other devices can connect to the Tablet's hotspot.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.