How to perform a Custom Scan in ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 6
The information in this article refers to a previous version of ESET. It is recommended that you run the most current version of ESET. Please see our tech article How to update your ESET Program to the Latest Version for assistance with updating your program. The information in the article below is provided as a convenience to those who may still have questions about the older version of the program.
Description: A walkthrough on how to start a custom scan in ESET NOD32 6.
- In the bottom right hand corner of your screen, double click on the ESET icon (you may have to press the arrow that points up to show hidden icons).
- Once in the ESET program click on Computer scan.
- Once in Computer scan, click on Custom scan.
- Once in the Custom scan window, you can select your hard drive.
- After selecting the drives you want to scan, click on Scan as Administrator. This will give ESET special permissions to scan files that are normally unavailable to scan and alter.
- You have now started a custom scan with ESET!