How to import Settings for ESET Version 6
The information in this article refers to a previous version of ESET. It is recommended that you run the most current version of ESET. Please see our tech article How to update your ESET Program to the Latest Version for assistance with updating your program. The information in the article below is provided as a convenience to those who may still have questions about the older version of the program.
Description: This guide applies to both ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 6 and ESET Smart Security Version 6. This how-to article will show how to import the settings for ESET Smart Security 6 from a file that was saved previously.
- Locate the ESET Smart Security icon near the time of your computer on the task bar. Double click on the icon to open the ESET Smart Security.
- Click on Setup and then Import and export Settings.
- Click on the setting for Import settings. Click on the browse button (three dots) to select the location of the saved file.
- Select the folder that the ESET Smart Security 6 file was saved in click on the file to select it, and then click on Open.
- This will load all the settings for ESET Smart Security 6 from an XML file that was created previously.