How to create Keyboard Shortcuts on iDevices
Description: This article is a guide on how to make keyboard shortcuts on iPads and iPods.
- Start out by tapping Settings.
- From the General screen, tap on Keyboard.
- Once there, tap on Add New Shortcut. Notice that by default, OMW! has already been created.
- It will take you to the screen where you can create your shortcuts. They will have to have at least 2 characters, and then tap Save.
- Once saved, you will be taken back to the main Keyboard screen, from there you will see your newly created shortcut.
- The shortcuts can be used in SMS, iMessage, e-mail, Notes, etc. When you type the shortcut, it will appear on the top or bottom of the area the cursor is on, simply tap the spacebar to insert it in your message.