How to shut off Fast Boot in Windows 8
Description: This article will show you how to turn off the Fast Boot option in Windows 8 to make your laptop or desktop completely shut down for Windows 8 since this is not a native setting.
- First, press the Windows key on the keyboard and the letter X.
- Select Power Options.
- At the top Left, select Choose what the power buttons do.
- Click on Change settings that are currently Unavailable.
- Uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended).
- Click Save changes at the lower right.
Now when the computer is shut down, this will completely turn it off and not have it sit in the hybrid sleep state which is the default setting for Windows 8.