How to create a One Click Restart Button in Windows 8
Description: This document will give you instructions on how to create a desktop icon for restarting Windows 8.
- Right click on the desktop and select New then select Shortcut.
- Type in "shutdown /r /t 0" (without the quotes) in the box and click Next to continue.
- Name the shortcut Restart and click Finish.
- There will now be a Restart button on the desktop. Right-click on the button and select Properties. Then select Change Icon.
- Select an icon from the list and click OK. After clicking OK the Properties window will still be showing. Click OK again on the Properties window.
- The desktop will now have a Restart button with the icon selected in the previous step.