How to allow a Program through the Windows Firewall in Windows 8
Description: This is a how-to article for allowing a program through Windows Firewall in Windows 8. This can be useful if a program trying to access the internet is experiencing connection errors or if Windows Firewall is blocking the program.
- Start by going to the Control Panel. Activate the Charms by moving the mouse to the bottom right corner of the screen or by pressing the Windows Key + C on the keyboard.
- Select the Settings gear, then click Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- In the Windows Firewall Section, click Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Click the Change settings button, then click Allow another app .
- Select the application you wish to allow, then click Add. If you do not see the program in the list, use the Browse button to locate the program executable.
- Once the program is added to the list, make sure both of the Private and Public boxes are checked. Then click OK at the bottom.