HOW TO: Clear the update cache and set the program back to default settings for ESET NOD32 6 and ESET Smart Security 6
Description: This guide will show you how to clear the update cache and reset the program back to defaults for ESET NOD32 6 and ESET Smart Security 6. This can be useful when you are receiving errors while attempting to download the latest virus updates.
- From the ESET NOD32 6 or ESET Smart Security 6 home screen, select
Update from the column on the left.
- Select Enter advanced setup...
- Select the plus sign next to Update, select
Update underneath. Then select Default at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Revert only "Update" settings to defaults and select
- Select Clear to clear the update cache.
- Select Setup... then the HTTP Proxy tab and select
Do not use proxy server and select OK.
- Select OK.
- Select Update and then Update now. Your program will now update correctly without error.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.