HOW TO: Set up ESET Mobile after installing
Description: This article will show you how to set up ESET Mobile after you have installed it.
- After you have installed ESET Mobile on your phone you will get a message saying there is a security risk.
- There are 3 steps that need to be completed in order to finish the set up of ESET and remove the security risk.
- The first step is to create a security password. This is to help protect various settings on your mobile device and enables the use of remote SMS commands.
- Tap on the Set security password box.
- Enter a password in the first box, confirm the password in the second box and enter a reminder phrase in the third box. The reminder phrase is something that will give you a hint to what the password is. Tap on
Next to continue.
- The next screen will ask what to apply the password to. Applying the password to any of these settings will require the password to be entered before using them. Tap
Apply to continue.
- The next screen will ask to add ESET as the Device Administrator. Adding ESET as a Device Administrator will add additional security features. This will give ESET permission to erase all data on the phone, change the lock screen password, set password rules, monitor unlock attempts, and lock the screen. All of these features are a part of ESET Mobiles Remote SMS Commands. Tap
Add to Device Admin to continue.
- The final part that needs to be set up is defining trusted friends. The people that you add to this list will allow special SMS messages to be sent to your phone to enable various features. These special SMS messages are included on the inside cover of the ESET packaging. It is recommended that you keep the list of SMS commands somewhere safe and away from your phone. To add trusted friends to ESET Mobile tap on
Define trusted friends.
- To add a contact from your phone, tap on the plus (+) sign to bring up your contacts list. Tap on the name of the contact you wish to add to add it to the trusted friends list. Tap
done to finish the setup.
- ESET Mobile is now set up. You will see a green Maximum Security meaning the Android device is now completely protected by ESET Mobile.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.